Friday, February 21, 2014

What's New with Mason?

My first born son went from being my precious, sweet baby to my intelligent, independent, amazing toddler. At 2 1/2 years old, I am convinced that Mason is the smartest, most gorgeous little boy. I am sure that all moms feel this way about their children and I am no exception. I love this little guy so much!

1. Mason is so in love with his baby brothers. He is constantly hugging and kissing them. He wants to always help me feed, change, burp, and play with the twins. He enjoys doing exercises (tummy time) with the boys and he has to lay in between them and put his arms around each baby. Watching him with his brothers makes my heart melt!

2.  Mason is obsessed with numbers and counting. He can count to 20 and backwards from 10. Wherever we go, Mason yells out the numbers he sees. He even counts all kinds of things. Maybe he will be a mathematician when he is older.

3.  Mason also has an obsession for letters. He knows the alphabet, can spell and recognize his name, and points out letters wherever we go. He is my genius!

4.  Mason knows most shapes as well. He recognizes diamonds, squares, and triangles from the tiles on the floor in our house. He calls out ovals, rectangles, stars, etc. when we are driving around in the car. 

5.  Mason has started to master the art of manipulation. It doesn't work on Mommy and Daddy, but he can fool others. If I ask him to clean up or do something that he doesn't want to do, he looks at me with puppy dog eyes and says in a sad voice (while hugging me), "I don't feel good." Or "I feel sick." I don't fall for those tricks, but I can see it working on Grandma. I tell him then we should go to the doctor, which happens to be the scariest place on Earth to him. Miraculously he feels better and does what I had asked of him. Such a little stinker! His other favorite thing to say is, "tomorrow". "Change my diaper tomorrow. I will take a nap tomorrow. Tomorrow I will take a bath." I don't know where he gets this stuff from!

6.  Mason really likes watching movies. This is partly my fault because when he is home with the twins and I, it is easier for me to put on a movie for him so that I can take care of the babies. His favorite movies that we watch over and over are Cars, Planes, Polar Express, Lion King, and The Little Mermaid. He thinks Ariel is pretty. Awe, his first crush:) 

7.  Mason loves anything to do with trains (just not potty training). We know he is awake in the morning when we hear, "Woo Woo" and "Chugga Chugga" sounds coming from his bedroom. He loves reading his train books, going to the train park, and watching trains on TV. I am trying to convince Marc that we should go up north and ride the Polar Express train next winter. He thinks the twins are too young, but I think it will be perfect! 

8.  Mason is still not potty trained. I am convinced that he will be a teenager in diapers. Ha ha! I hear that boys are difficult to train and this little guy is stubborn, and unfortunately he gets that from me:( I don't push him too hard because I don't want to discourage him, but I wish he cared enough to go in the potty. He really despises getting his diaper changed, so you would think he would want to go in the toilet, but not so much:( It will happen eventually and I just have to be patient until that time comes.

9.  My once really good eater, now puts up a fight at dinner. We have to bribe him in order to get him to finish his meals. This is the same kid who never wanted to leave the dinner table a year ago. All he ever wanted to do was eat! At least he still eats healthy foods. He asked me for broccoli the other day:) 

10.  Mason is my special helper. Not only does he help me with the twins, but around the house as well. His favorite chore is feeding Penny. He gets her food, scoops it out, and then puts her bowl down in front of her. He helps me empty the dishwasher, load and fold the laundry, make his bed, and clean up his toys. He loves to help. He is such a sweet, kind-hearted little gentlemen! 

Mason at 2 weeks old
Mason now:)



No comments:

Post a Comment