Tuesday, June 14, 2011

27 Weeks and "Camping"


Hello Mason!
I am in the final week of the 2nd trimester and I am getting really excited to meet my little man!  I constantly wonder what he is going to look like, what kind of man he will be when he gets older, and how can I be the best mom to him.  I have A LOT of time to think when I lay up in bed all night.  I don't think I will be getting much sleep when he comes either:-)  At least I will be used to it.  Mason is measuring at about 15 inches and a little over 2 pounds.  Mason seems to get the hiccups every evening after dinner.  I love the tickling sensation in my belly.  My cute little innie belly button is now protruding out like a third nipple!  LOL!  There are new changes to my body every week, but only 13 left to go before it all goes back to normal (hopefully:-).  Shaving my legs has become a fun challenge every shower and I told Marc that he is going to be taking over that job soon.  He didn't seem too excited about that, but he is willing to do whatever it takes to make me happy.  I am so lucky to have him!  I am teaching summer school to a group of the cutest, sweetest 2nd graders.  Every day they rub my belly and say "hello" to Mason.  It is so adorable!  I am pleasantly surprised with these group of kids and they make it very easy to come to work each day.  My next appointment is the glucose test on June 20.   


My handsome husband in the kitchen of the cabin at Hawley Lake.

Penny passed out in Dad's lap as we drive through dirt roads:-)

Penny had the most fun camping!

Fishing from a paddle boat.

The Cabin
  Last weekend, Marc, Penny, and I drove up to the Pinetop area and went "camping" and Hawley Lake with Marc's work.  It was a Jill type of camping because we rented a cabin and had a bathroom.  We were definitely roughing it though!  We had no heat and no TV!  LOL!!  The cabin was so old and run down.  There were holes in the windows and the shower was so disgusting that I refused to use it.  The cabin only had a full sized bed in it.  I have been spoiled with my new, huge bed so it was very difficult to go down in size.  With my growing body and Marc, there was no way the two of us would have been able to sleep in that bed.  Thank goodness there was a futon as well.  We were both so freezing at night, we finally had no choice but to snuggle on the tiny bed just for body heat!  It was gorgoeus during the day, but in the 40's at night.  Even Penny needed her blanket and sweater because she was shivering!  Marc's boss rented out an entire lake (Cyclone Lake) for his company.    We went fishing, hiking, and even took a paddle boat out on the lake.  I caught my first fish!  It was very exciting:-)  Even though I am not the "camping kind of girl", I still had a good time.  Marc and Mason could do the camping thing without mom:-)  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment