Sunday, February 21, 2016

My Brave Boy

When Mason was two years old, he was dancing in the living room when he slipped and smashed his face into the tile.  His front tooth turned brown and it has been like that for over two years.  Last week we noticed an abscess on his gums above the "dead" tooth.  I immediately made an appointment with Mason's dentist.  Dr. Patel gave us two options: pull the tooth or put a cap on it.  My initial reaction was to put a cap on it because I didn't want him to be toothless for two years.  Then the doctor explained that with this option, there was a 30% chance that the infection would come back. If we pulled the tooth, then we would not have to worry about the infection.  And we had two days to make a decision because the infection was getting worse and it needed to be taken care of right away. Dr. Patel came in on a Saturday for us because he knew how busy our schedules were and he wanted to help us out.  He is an amazing pediatric dentist and I am so grateful that he was willing to come in on the weekend for us.

I was extremely scared, but my Mason was such a brave boy!  He had to be put under for the procedure, but Marc and I are were able to stay in the room with him.  Seeing my baby lying there broke my heart.  Mason whimpered when the tooth was actually being yanked out, but was completely fine after.  We thought he would be groggy, nauseous, and cranky, but that didn't even happen.  He was a model patient. Dr. Patel explained the infection was worse then he thought and there was a higher likelihood that the infection would have come back, so we made the best decision. I am so proud of my little man and I think his smile is even cuter now!

This was taken right before we left the house to go to the dentist.

Mason was so excited that the tooth fairy came!

He will always have the cutest, sweetest smile!




1 comment:

  1. Pretty good post! I just stumbled upon your blog and http://awriter.org/essay-writing-services/
    wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

    ReplyDelete