Saturday, February 27, 2016

Birthday Celebrations

36 is an uneventful birthday, but I am so blessed that I have such a wonderful family and amazing friends that make me feel so special.  I had celebrations with friends, both sides of my family, and with my boys! Marc definitely made me feel like such a princess! Every night before bed, the boys get in our bed and watch Frozen Fever.  It is a ten minute clip of Elsa trying to make Anna's birthday very special.  The boys have a slight obsession and can recite every part before it happens. Marc and I actually enjoy it as well. We find ourselves singing the song out loud.  LOL!  The premise for the show is Elsa has Anna follow this string that leads to all kinds of birthday presents.  I left work early on my birthday and decided to go on a beautiful hike.  When I walked in the door, Marc and the boys were waiting for me.  There was string throughout the house and the kids told me to follow the string. There was a card from the boys, one from Marc, Victoria's Secret bags, a sandwich (from the show), and then the string went outside throughout the backyard ending with my new beach cruiser bike!  I have been wanting one since we rented bikes in Coronado.  It is the cutest bike with a basket.  Now all I need to get is the trailer that will fit the twins and we can go on family bike riding trips! I am one lucky girl!

Following the string!

The string went through the entire house with little surprises along the way.


So excited about my bike!  I felt like a little girl again!

The girls at work got me flowers, presents, and desserts.  I am so fortunate to work with such an amazing group of women!

This was one of the many desserts that I ate!  This was a white chocolate peanut butter brownie.  My father-in-law made a chocolate and peanut butter cake, and Marc made me home made butter cake with Haagen Dazs ice cream. These are a few of my favorite things!  I better live at the gym after all of these sweets!


This picture cracks me up.  Therese took it with her phone, so the quality isn't the best, but we were all into blowing out these candles!

No comments:

Post a Comment