Saturday, December 6, 2014

One Year Check-Up



Noah: 23 Pounds 7 Ounces (75th percentile) 29 Inches (25th percentile)

Dylan: 24 Pounds 9 Ounces (89th percentile) 30 1/2 Inches (75th percentile)

The boys had their one year check-up with Dr. Curly and they are doing fantastic! They are super healthy little munchkins and growing fabulously.  When I called Noah my little runt (compared to the massive Dylan), he laughed and explained that he is not so small compared to other babies his age. They are both taking steps everywhere, but Dylan is more brave and walking from place to place.  They are not big fans of shoes, but they are getting used to them.  When the doctor asked if the boys were saying at least 3 words, I laughed because Noah has been talking up a storm! Some of the words Noah says are Noah (Noooo-wah), no, mommy, gaga (Grandma), ow (when he bangs his head or pulls hair), uh oh, auntie, momma, poppa, and he even speaks his own language.  Dylan says bye bye, uh oh, dada, dee dee (for a game we play), night night (when he goes to bed), and signs for more and no more.  Both boys give kisses, but Dylan will actually blow kisses too.  

Noah is my reserved kiddo. He likes being home and not around too many crowds of people.  He is used to our family and extended family and friends, but he is not a big fan of parties where he doesn't know many people.  He cries and needs to be with Mommy.  He is my first official "momma's boy".  One of three was bound to be that way!  Dylan is the complete opposite.  He loves being the center of attention and needs to know what is going on all around him at all times.  If he doesn't get a nap, he is totally fine.  If Noah doesn't get a nap when he is tired, he turns into angry child.  But the good things is that Noah can sleep anywhere.  I can lay him in the stroller and he is out.  Once he gets some rest, he is back to his happy self.  

I can't believe my twin babies are officially toddlers.  When they were first born, I was scared that we would never survive two newborn babies and a toddler.  The first 4 months were very hard, but I would not change it for anything.  Now my babies are sleeping, walking, talking, and eating all kinds of foods.Good thing we got my tubes tied because I have baby fever in the worst way! Marc thinks I am crazy, but I feel like I wasn't able to enjoy the baby stages with these guys.  It was all about survival mode and not relishing in the moment.  I am loving this time with my toddlers and hopefully someone close to me will have a baby soon so I can get my fix!  LOL!    


No comments:

Post a Comment