Thursday, May 30, 2013

A New Chapter

Good luck Mr. S.!

My Special Ed Team
Last Friday marked my official last day as a special education teacher.  For the past 10 years, I was a special education Language Arts 7th grade teacher at Greenway Middle School.  There have been many amazing times, and some rough times as well.  At the start of this school year, I made the decision that this was going to be my last year as a teacher.  I realized that it was time for a career change.  Sadly, I will greatly miss my special ed team.  They have been the most amazing people to work with and I couldn't have been happier.  Thanks to a wonderful friend, she gave me the opportunity to start a new career in the business world.  I am officially a business woman now and I couldn't be happier, except that I miss my team of teachers:(  The shock will settle in when come August, I won't be stressing about setting up my room, parent night, or lesson plans for the year.  Teaching was my passion for a long time, but I always said that it would be time to leave the profession once that spark fizzled out.  I will miss the amazing teachers that I was blessed to work with and the students that have touched my heart.  Who knows, maybe this break is what I need in order for me to get that passion back?  If not, I am perfectly happy and excited to work with my new team of amazing ladies!  I am ready to start this new chapter in my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment