Monday, September 17, 2012

Mason's 1 Year Well Check Exam

Mason had his 1 year well check exam today. He was quite cranky because it was way passed his nap time and he must have known he was getting shots:( After some research, I opted out of getting the MMR and Chicken Pox vaccine. Dr. Curly was very understanding and gave me some nonbiased sites to check out before I make any final decisions. Mason is very healthy and proportionate:) He is in the 75th percentile for height, weight, and head circumference. Mason weighs 24.6 pounds and is 30.5 inches. Thank goodness he takes after daddy in the height department! He is now drinking a mixture of toddler formula and milk. He did not like the milk at first, but since we started mixing it, he is chugging it down. He is taking more steps here and there, but not officially walking on his own yet. He loves his push toys and holding onto my legs as we walk around the house. His favorite food lately is cheese. He loves them all including provolone, cheddar, mozzarella, and even havarti! His face lights up whenever he sees the cheese:) Mason sleeps about 12 hours per night and still takes 2 naps throughout the day. Sometimes he will take 3 naps. My boy loves his sleep. Mason has only been taking the bottle before he goes to bed, so I hope we don't have issues weaning him. The pacifier is still used only when he sleeps, and I am not ready to wean him from that yet. Maybe over winter break when I have 2 weeks off and I won't have to worry about not sleeping much:) Mason also likes his new car seat. I am still having him face backwards for a little while longer though. We are very blessed to have a happy, healthy toddler!

No comments:

Post a Comment