Sunday, August 12, 2012

What's New with Mason?

I have noticed lately that Mason is reaching new milestones daily as his first birthday is approaching.  He surprises me each day with something new and I still can't believe how much he has matured in such a short amount of time.  Here is a list of some of the new things that he is doing:

  1. Mason is so full of LOVE!  Unless he is preoccupied, if I ask for a kiss, he grabs my face and plants the wettest, sloppiest, kiss on my lips!  His baby kisses are the best:)
  2. Mason can now follow short commands.  When he wakes up in the morning or from a nap, we ask him to drop his blanket and pacifier into the crib.  He looks at me and then proceeds to do as we asked of him.  He is obviously the smartest baby ever!
  3. Mason can now pick out certain toys or objects when he is asked.  For example, I would ask Mason to pick up his brush and he would pick out the correct item.  Then I would ask him to brush Mommy's hair, and he does that too!!!  Did I mention that he is a genius???:)
  4. Mason holds the phone to his ear and pretends to have a conversation.  He has a slight obsession with all telephones and the Direct TV remote.  (He doesn't like any other remotes other than the one we are using to watch TV:)
  5. Mason now throws mini temper tantrums.  I am not looking forward to this stage.  He definitely does not like being told "No".  He either gets really angry, or has the saddest pouty face.  I am going to be such a sucker for that face!
  6. Mason isn't walking alone yet, but he does push his car and walk on his own.  He also can stand and balance without holding on to anything, but only for about 5 seconds before he gingerly plops to the ground.
  7. Mason has always loved to eat, but the smile he gets when he really enjoys something is priceless:)  He LOVES frozen yogurt, blueberries, pancakes, and my mom's peas (LOL!).  He gets super excited and begs for more.  He also tried avocado again, and this time he liked it:)  
I know that I have said it hundreds of times, but Mason is the coolest kid!  We are so blessed with this little guy!!!

Mason would rather push his walker these days as oppose to walking around in it:)

"Look how high I am!!!"

That face has guilty written all over it:)

I love when my babies play together!

This is one look right before he cries after I have told him "No".  This face kills me:(

Mason's favorite place to hang out:)

I love that little tushy!  Mason is going to hate these pictures when he is older:)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment