Thursday, August 15, 2013

20 Weeks and 4 Days

Whoa BELLY!!!
I am 20 weeks and 4 days, but according to the doctor, I measuring at 26 weeks.  Even though I feel HUGE, she said that I was smaller than other pregnant moms with twins.  I wonder if she tells that to all her pregnant moms?  Either way, it made me smile.  The babies are very healthy with Danny's (Twin A) heartbeat measuring at 154 beats per minute and Arnold's (Twin B) measuring at 152 beats per minute.  My cervix is closed tight and continues to grow longer.  My doctor was very happy with this.  We even set the c-section date for December 16 (my lucky number:).  So now, these boys need to cooperate so everything can go according to my plan!

Two weekends ago they did not cooperate and I was put on bed rest for 48 hours.  I started bleeding again, even though my cervix was completely closed.  My doctor was unsure as to what was causing it, so she ordered me on bed rest.  That was the longest 48 hours EVER!  I am the kind of person that is always on the go and rarely sits at home.  Marc was in heaven because he finally got his sit at home do nothing kind of weekend that he always begs for:)  I wasn't even allowed to get Mason a drink.  I was able to lay in bed, lay on the couch, and go to the bathroom.  Mason had a cold, so all he wanted to do was snuggle with me in bed and watch Cars.  That made it all better:)  Since that weekend, I have not had any bleeding, so it was a good thing I followed the doctor's orders!  

No comments:

Post a Comment